

As a young girl growing up with such a place as familiar to me as the story lines that took place in the above Room, I had never imagined that such a place really existed. Or, if it did, that it was too old to still be standing. Imagine my excitement my as I was fingering through my new book "The Tea Council's Guide to the Best Tea Places in England"

and found a page dedicated to the famous setting of Miss Austen's novels! It has been turned into a luncheon and tea restaurant, but there it still stands with all its history. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine that you are Miss Catherine Morland, meeting the charming Mr. Henry Tilney for the first time. Or (for my male readers) you find an "almost handsome" girl who intrigues you and then wins your heart.
I think it's safe to say that Katie and I will at least visit The Pump Room, regardless of whether or not we have tea there. What place from literature/history would/do you want to visit?
3 comments:
Oh dear. That sounds so wonderful! I can't wait for your trip because I'll be with you in spirit. Sigh.
I just have one thing to say "Can I come too?" after all, who was it that got you started on Jane Austin in the first place.
Just kidding. I will be with you in spirit along with Alysun and, I am sure, many others.
Love ya, Mom
Insert whistful sigh here. On our way to Europe, i read Hunch Back of Notre Dame. The cathedral was one of the first places we visited in Paris. It was amazing. I know it was only a novel, but seeing it in person... There are no words. You will fall in love with something there, I am quite sure.
Post a Comment