Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Blessed Are They..."

"Be careful Mrs. Lampert. He wants the money. He's not afraid to kill you too."
These were the words (or something like that) that were interrupted by a knock on my room door. One of my hall mates peaked her head into the room. "Are you coming to Bible study?" she asked.
"No, I'm not," I said, trying to sound sorry, but I really wanted to finish my Carey Grant/Audrey Hepburn movie.
"Oh. Okay," she said. Before she closed the door again, I asked if there was anyone at Bible study. Only four. Feeling a little guilty and sorry for my RA that only four out of fourteen had shown up for Bible study, I agreed to go. It was delightful. I don't hang out with my hall very often, so when I do, it's a very blessed time.
The Scripture for our Bible study was Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." The discussion that followed made me think about my own life and the last time I sincerely hungered and thirsted for Christ and His righteousness. I've been consumed with my own problems lately. How much better my perspective on life would be if I simply switched my focus to that deep desire for righteousness. It was an hour long Bible study around that one verse, so we talked a lot and everyone had really good input. There are a lot of things that I could mention, but the one I already have is what stood out to me the most.
I finished my movie before bed. If you've ever seen Charade, you'll know that it was a pretty intense movie in the dark. I then had to take a shower at midnight and keep my mind away from the images of the three murdered men and the means by which they were killed. I did, however, manage to sleep really well, which I was not expecting.

I haven't been to the ranch in a month, but I did manage to make it out today! I took some pictures. Brandy wasn't quite as cooperative as I I was hoping, but I did manage to get some good ones.

For more pictures and updates on Brandy's Blog on the side under My Other Blog..

3 comments:

Chef E said...

I was blog cruising and saw your horse photos, they are great, and keep up the good 'Cowgirl' writing as I am a Texas Cowgirl writer as well! No horses in a long while though!

Aly sun said...

Very poignant thoughts. Interesting how what we hunger and thirst for drives our life. Glad you made the effort for the Bible study. It definitely won't always be so easy to find Christians to encourage and build you up. It is a gift.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. Those old murder mysteries are great! I am glad that you chose to go to bible study though. Thats the great thing about movies, you can always come back to them and think about what you would have missed. I am so proud of the WISE woman you have become.
Love you, Mom