Thursday, March 19, 2009

Steamed Heat-Coffee Shop #3

Yesterday's Coffee shop was Steamed Heat in Keizer. It was very good with adorable decorations and a stone fireplace in the corner. The fireplace would've been ideal if it had been a cold, rainy day like today, but it was warm and sunny. I even had a blended drink: the Irish white mocha special. I'm not sure about the rating yet because we haven't filled out the survey yet. The location and price was not quite to my liking. It's a little further than I like to drive on a regular basis for coffee, and it was more than $4 for my blended drink. But, it was a nice atmosphere and the drinks came in fancy cups. I do wish that I had pictures of the drinks and the coffee shop, but I'm still without a battery for my camera. I'm terribly sorry. Pictures will be returning soon, though, as I get payed tomorrow.

Because of my recent stomach illnesses I've decided to cut back on several things: chocolate, all types of sugar, acidy fruits, dairy, and coffee. Sometimes coffee gives me a stomach ache, but I do enjoy it so! I've decided that once a week - Wednesdays with my friends - I can regularly have coffee. If an emergency or special occasion presents itself, I'll indulge myself in a delightful cup'o'joe another time during the week. Hopefully this will help me not to get sick so often. I'm so thankful that I love tea! I've been experimenting with different kinds of tea. I still like black tea the best. It still offers a little caffeine, too, for those days I can't get through class without some sort of pick-me-up. I really like blackberry tea. I also had some chocolate hazelnut tea the other day and practically fell in love!

No comments: