Saturday, March 21, 2009

Awesome God

I'm often in awe by the little things that God does for me. For instance: I'm not a night person...not in the way that college students are supposed to be night people. Part of that could be due to my inability to take naps, so I need my sleep at night (what a novell idea) instead of spastically throughout the day.
This week I had an unbelievably, tortuous work load. I had five tests (three on Wednesday before lunch), as well as a research paper and an annotated bibliography due. One test (the hardest one of the week), the paper, and the bibliography were all due Friday. Thursday afternoon I worked on everything that was due Friday. That night I went to the play at school and then it was back to the drawing board. I will admit that my research was very tardy, for I hadn't begun it yet. I had all my sources, but hadn't looked at them until 10:30 Thursday night. As I mentioned before, I am not a night person and I had not had a whole lot of sleep this week anyways. Somehow, I managed to finish my study guide, write the annotated bibliography, complete my research, and spin together a research paper on the effect of international trade to the environment - with footnotes. I was up until 3:30. The remarkable thing is that I was coherent until 3:30. Just as I finished proof-reading the last paragraph of my paper, my eyes suddenly felt much too heavy. It was time for bed. Four hours later, I was up and getting ready for class.
Last night, after seeing Little Women again, I drove from Salem to McMinnville, leaving school at 11:30. Even when I've had a night's rest, I usually get tired driving after the sun goes down. However, I was wide awake on this trip. Both evenings I had had no coffee. Knowing myself as well as I do, you can't tell me that it wasn't God looking out for me. Even those little needs I forget to ask Him for, He gives to me. What an awesome God.
What are some ways that God puts awe into your heart?

2 comments:

balyobabe201 said...

You saw 'Little Women' again?! How lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

When I think of my girls. That always puts Awe in my heart. Along with Joy, and Pride and Love.
Hope you have lots of fun on your well deserved break.
Love you, Mom