Wednesdays have become "Coffee Shop Day." My roommate and I, as well as a couple of friends, love coffee. There are so many coffee joints in Salem that we decided that we would try one each week and take our homework along to do something productive. After we've gone to a coffee shop we rate it. We rate it on quality, price, atmosphere, ability to focus on homework, cleanliness, and safety. Last week we went to the Ike Box on Court St. Yesterday we went to the Governor's Cup, also on Court St. We still haven't combined all of our ratings together yet, so I'll let you know what the overall total is. So far, the Gov. Cup is still my ultimate favorite.
If you haven't been to the Gov. Cup before, it's a delightful hole-in-the-wall coffee shop between the bus station and the mall. It's tiny, two stories, and always crowded with people. I'm not generally the type of person who enjoys crowds, but the Gov. Cup has seats all over that make it very easy to people watch, which I love to do. There are also outlets so that one can plug in a laptop and there is free wireless internet as well. The service is pretty good and the coffee is quite delicious.
On our way to the Gov. Cup we stopped at Great Harvest Bread Company. Did you know that they give you a good sized slice of bread to sample? I didn't! As a bread lover, it made me very happy. Of course, you should always buy something, right? Oops. So, next time you're in downtown Salem and you need a little nourishment, hit the Great Harvest Bread Company for a free sample and then continue on down the sidewalk to get a delicious pick me up from the Governor's Cup Coffee Shop.
2 comments:
Sounds great to me. When I worked at the Y downtown I would frequently sample Great Harvest's amazing bread when I was on a break. Your post today made me crave some terribly!
Do share your coffee shop ratings! I'm always looking for something new and fantastic. I'll add Steamed Heat in Keizer for you to try. A bit far, but quite nice.
Post a Comment