Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Basking in Relaxation

I'm basking in relaxation. Spring break is an amazing institution that I feel is meant especially for me. Last week was riddled with stress and anticipation as a week free of classes was just out of reach. At last it arrived! I've done hardly anything but relax! I've read (for fun), taken a couple of walks, taken some photos, watched a little t.v.; I've even written some of one of my books for almost an hour today! Do you know how long it has been since I sat down and actually wrote for the fun of it? It was delightful. Even helping my Aunt LaNea with the banquet here at Black Lake last night was relaxing - for me anyways, 'cause I hadn't been up and working for several hours already.
I also realized that music sung in a foreign language is excellent background music for getting the creative juices flowing. In particular Andrea Bocelli. When you don't understand what they're saying, you don't have to think about what they're singing and you can concentrate on the activity at hand.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Enjoy the down time. I'm trying to not burn with envy.