Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Exciting" Story of the Week #1

I've never been sick as often in my whole life as I have in the last six months. In fact, all three weeks of Christmas break I was sick three different times from three different things. I think I have it mostly figured out now, but it is frustrating. Stress combined with little sleep, an apparently sensitive stomach, and an influenza epidemic at school have all seemed to contribute to my ailments.
This weekend I spent holed up in my room. While it was relaxing and I accomplished a lot, I had cabin fever today. I wasn't feeling great, so I opted not to go to Dallas to the ranch. However, I wanted to get out of Balyo (my dorm). So, after classes and lunch my roommate and I went downtown. We walked around a little, and stopped in at the Book Bin - just to look. It was very nice (it would've been better if the sun were out, but no complaining), but hunger and lack of money soon drove us back to school. I wanted to shop so badly! I can't wait for my sister to come up so that we can shop together and I can spend the money that I have been "saving" for just such an occasion. Oh yeah, and to hang out. I guess that's an important aspect of her visit too.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Eat more garlic. I should share some of my homeopathic remedies with you. Stay healthy!

I love the book bin too.