Thursday, October 29, 2009

Zucchini Rice Casserole

Since moving into our apartment, my roommate and I have taken turns making dinner. She is an amazing cook and I'm one who kinda flies by the seat of my pants in the kitchen (that could be the reason for the mess). I usually forget to make sure that I have all of the ingredients before I start cooking and, if I don't have it I either leave it out or substitute it with something that I think might work. I also like to experiment with new recipes instead of going with the tried and true. So, whenever I cook, I always hold my breath.
My meal stats:
1. Chicken pot pie - good for me because it wasn't spicy in the least, however, it was really soupy
2. Green chile enchilada - I'm told it was really good, but it was SO spicy that I couldn't taste it and didn't finish it
3. Zucchini rice casserole - SO good. And not spicy at all, so I was able to enjoy it to its fullest

http://eatingwell.com/recipes/zucchini_rice_casserole.html

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

We are having friendship soup for dinner. It is a mix and so far tastes really good simmering on the stove. Do you have a Friesen Family cookbook? Try Grandma's chicken Broccoli casserole sometime. So yummy.