The rains have come and with them an intense desire to stay in my apartment wrapped up in the enormous blanket on the couch, a book in my hands, a coffee beside me, and Heather and David sitting on the other couch. School has become a bother and work a bore.
Subtract those two variables from the equation and I'm left with an incredible contentment. Junior year has brought many new delights. The best one is a roommate who has quickly become one of my dearest friends (amazing considering that we didn't know each other before we moved in together). I'm at a point now where people recognize me at school and at church despite my quiet temperament. Friends are emerging who I believe will be the friends that will be friends until we're old and gray and college is only a distant memory. The unknown future is beginning to reveal some things that a few months ago were utterly out of sight.
Not least among these is Germany. It has been a beacon of security throughout the last year, God's gift to me of allowing me to have one thing that I could hold onto and know that I had somewhere to go and something to do if everything else failed, I had three months planned out. The possibility of staying in Germany for another month or two to work at a camp makes me even more excited to travel abroad, to stretch my wings and finally leave the continent! Remarkably, there was no fear connected with this trip (I am one to worry intensely about the most ridiculous things). Now that things are falling into place up here in Salem and I feel as though I have a home again, I'm sad, and a little worried that the connections I have made here will fizzle away. But I keep reminding myself, God has it all planned out. All I have to do is go along for the ride and do what He desires me to do. Scary, mind-boggling, but SO exciting!
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing that God knew long ago that your parents would be moving out from under you in your Junior year and that you would need a special place and a very special person to fill in the gaps? We Thank The Lord for Heather and for Ribbon and for all those who love you in Salem! Family and friends a like.
I am so excited for your next adventure Lisa! I can't wait to read all about Germany, here, on this very blog. You have so much to look forward to and wonderful friends to come back to when it's over. Soak it all up!
Post a Comment