Monday, January 26, 2009

Apes and Baboons

Usually when I read my Bible I'm put into awe by the many attributes of God. If I reread the verses, it's to dig deeper into the verse to further understand the realization of the verse. However, every once in awhile I come across a verse that strikes my funny bone and I have to reread it simply to ascertain that I read it correctly the first time. I came across this verse while I was home on Christmas break:
"The king [Solomon] had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, sliver and ivory, and apes and baboons." 1 Kings 10:22.

The glorious halls of King Solomon filled with riches!...and being ransacked by monkeys. Does anyone else find this amusing?

1 comment:

Andee said...

That's very funny. "yeah, I've got 782 wives and 412 apes and baboons. It's good to be king..."