Thursday, December 4, 2008

This and That About Brandy and My Not-So-Exciting Afternoon

I FINALLY remembered to take my camera with me to the ranch. However, because it is an old-school 35mm camera, it will be a little while before I'll be able to post the pictures.
Due to not enough sleep last night, I didn't have the energy to do very much with Brandy. However, since it was a beautiful day, I forced myself to go out to the ranch. There was a new round-pen set up in the arena so I took the opportunity to lunge Brandy and make her canter in the confines of a small circle. She's been either bolting or balking when I ask for a canter. The round-pen provided me with a temporary solution. Brandy cantered very nicely and I decided to call it quits for the day. Then I took a couple of pictures and came back to school. I settled onto my bed/couch with a cup of tea, a bowl of popcorn, and a fascinating book by C.S. Lews (Til We Have Faces); and that is how I've spent the rest of my afternoon.

No comments: