Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"...and an Internet Connection

When I left home to begin college a year and a half ago, I left a world where internet and cell service was a luxury. Since then, I have come to rely on the ever-present internet and the ability to check my email, go on facebook, blog, or simply sit and stare at my computer wondering where I can go on the internet that will not be a complete waste of my time. I am currently on Christmas break and once again on that mountain top where the conveniences of the modern world have yet to arrive. This morning my family and I woke up much too early in order to get my sister to school on time. We woke to the silent falling of new snow. Massive flakes floated down through the air to rest on the ground, joining the already settled blanket of snow that had come sometime during the night. Poor Katie does not have the advantage of a snowday since she goes to school in Oceanside and "snow" is a foreign concept to all southern California residents who aren't fortunate enough to live in the mountains. However, because she has to go to school down the mountain, I am able to find a computer with internet.
Now that I've had my "web-fix" I think I can go back up to the snowy mountains and go without for a few more days.

2 comments:

Katie Miller said...

Hi Lisa! It was good to have lunch with you today. I added you to my blog and now were are blog friends.

Aly sun said...

It is amazing how quickly we grow accustomed to technology. I forgot my cell at home the other day while running errands and felt like I was naked. How awesome that you get to experience snow and sunny so. cal beaches in one day. I want to come!