Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tea Time

I went to my grandma's house today to pick up my suit case so that I can pack for Christmas break. When I walked into the house, she was setting her table for the second of two tea parties that she is having this week. When I arrived she poured me a cup, spread some chicken salad on a slice of bread and placed it on a glass plate and then gave me a sample of her homemade cheesecake bites. We took all of this into the living room and sat down to chat for about half an hour. It made me wonder: why have we dismissed the tradition of tea time? Why have our busy schedules blotted out this delightful time of relaxation and fellowship over a china cup steaming with delicious liquid? It was only a small portion of the day. Half an hour perhaps. The English have the right idea about this issue. Tea time should be a priority in everyday life.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Cool to find your blog! Looking forward to Christmas too and I totally agree with you about tea time. What I wouldn't give for some tea and grandma's chicken salad about now.