Monday, June 1, 2009

Fondue and Tea Parties

What could be more fun than playing with your food? That's really what fondue is, right? You stab a bite-sized piece of bread with a long metal fork and dip it into a communal pot full of dipping cheese sauce or chocolate sauce. Thursday night, my mom, Katie and I met the Miller women and Katie Miller's future mother-in-law at "The Melting Pot" in Temecula. They were having a special "girls' night." $22 for two cheese dips and two (possibly three) dessert dips. The spinach and artichoke cheese dip was amazing! The cheddar cheese dip was a little on the not-so-good side. The beer taste was very prevalent. I'm not a big fan of the taste or smell of beer. We ordered three dessert dips: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and bananas foster. My favorite was the dark chocolate. What about you? What sort of chocolate do you savor until the last taste is gone?



Look at that delectable selection.

Saturday morning the Morrishes and Millers and Mikey's mom drove from Murrieta to Santa Barbara for a tea party, bridal shower for Katie. The hostesses did an excellent job: food was delicious, the games fun, and the weather - well, not what I expected (windy and overcast and freezing!) but tons of fun anyways. Katie received a lot of gifts that made me think to myself "hmmm, maybe I should get married."
I haven't really seen either Katie or Sarah since I got home and it was fun to spend so much time with them.

The June tea cup for the wedding month; the pink flower and table cloth for the bride's favorite color!

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

You girls looks to pretty! I'll take some of that cheese fondue please! Sounds delicious.

Katie Miller said...

It was so fun to have you there Lisa! Thanks for enduring the whole weekend, lots of laughs, right?