Saturday, June 6, 2009

All the days that I was freezing in Salem, I kept dreaming of coming home and laying out on the beach. I'm not one who loves to spend hours on the beach just lying there. However, the prospect of the sun warming me through to where the artificial warmth of a heater couldn't get was so inviting. The first couple weeks that I was home we made several trips to the beach while we were waiting for Katie to get out of school. I now have a pretty respectable tan (thought not quite to my usual tan).
One day, I grew tired of laying in the sun. My mom was taking a nap, so I went for a walk and took some pictures. The pier is one of the most interesting places. All sorts of people can be found there. There are many who are fishing or on their way to Ruby's which sits on the end of the pier (I would post some pictures of the people that I saw, but I feel a little creepy posting pictures of people I don't know). There are also creatures such as gutted fish and a pelican that roosts on the rail while passers-by gaulk at him. I was informed later that only the tourists take pictures of it. Woops!



No comments: