Katie goes to Africa today. We're leaving in five hours to head to the airport. She's all packed and gone to bed. A duffle the size of a body bag and a box full of VBS materials wait to accompany her on her journey. I'm not sure how well she'll sleep tonight. She is so excited. We're all excited for her too, although I know my parents are worried sick.
I am looking forward to all of the stories and experiences that Katie will bring back and the hours of 50 mph talking once she returns. My friend put her picture on a tiny doll to send with Katie so that she can "be in Africa" with Katie.
I know that all of you are, but please pray that Katie will have a safe trip from start to finish. Also, please pray that my mom will be able to sleep during the three weeks that Katie is gone. Thank you.
2 comments:
This is so exciting! International travel matures a person like nothing else. Her eyes will be opened to the world and I imagine she'll age in maternity, grace, and compassion. It is all worth it.
Remind me of this speech in 10 years when I am the worried mama at home when my baby is traveling around the world!
She's in our prayers.
Praying with you! Trusting that God will protect her, and work in her and through her to touch lives with His love.
I'm so excited for Katie too!
She's an amazing woman to be going to the Sudan.
Post a Comment