Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Sneaker Waves"

Yesterday, Corban College celebrated President's Day by giving its students the day off! I headed off to Lincoln City with a few friends. We were planning to sit on the beach and watch the sunset. However, while we were taking pictures modeling on a certain rock waves glided gracefully around our dry refuge. Suddenly out of nowhere a wave rushed inches above the rock and soaked our feet! The four of us huddled on the rock, screaming. Expecting the wave to subside and leave us soggily trudging toward the dry sand, we were caught off guard when a second and then a third wave washed up to our knees. "Run!" one of the girls yelled. We leaped into the water and splashed to shore, laughing and freezing.
It was an hour before sunset. We all decided that we would much rather go to a warm coffee shop than sit out in the wind and cold. On our way back to the car we came to a sign that said something along the lines of "big waves come out of nowhere."
Instead of a coffee shop we went to Mo's and I enjoyed a mocha and a bread bowl of clam chowder. The sunset wasn't spectacular, but it was lovely. We took more pictures and then drove back to school. I took a hot shower, but it was still a long time before I was finally warm. Still, it was a very fun President's day.

Michelle and I with the sunset behind us.


Us with our wet pants


I hope I'm not vain, but I just really like this picture of me.


Michelle, Me, Anna, and Heidi

3 comments:

Aly sun said...

Post your pictures bigger. I couldn't even tell that you were trying to be vain (unsuccessfully) because I couldn't tell it was you in the picture.

It sounds like a fun day at the beach, except for the whole almost being swept out to sea thing. Glad you are safe and sound. You'll remember these moments with friends for the rest of your life.

Andee said...

I remember being run down more than once by those kinds of waves at the Oregon coast. Rule #1: NEVER turn your back on the water! As for the vanity issue, some of us are just darling by nature. might as well embrace it!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you look so much like your mom, you are so cute....but I agree with Alysun, post the pics bigger....