Sunday, February 8, 2009

Creative Pottery

I'm not a very creative. I've already decided that I'm going to hire an interior decorator someday when I have a house of my own. I believe the reason that I'm not very creative is that I have a short patience clock. I would love to scrapbook or spend hours figuring out how to decorate my room and then find the cheapest way to do it and still make it look good. However, that involves too much time and work which I just don't have the patience for. I like simple, quick crafts that will still look good and won't invest too much of my time.
My hall went to "Create a Memory" last night. It's a place where you can paint pottery. I was the last one to start and the first one to finish. I selected a little square bowl (after about ten minutes of looking at this and that, bouncing back and forth between a travel mug, a completely unusable teapot because of its size, or a round bowl - all of which I put back in favor of the square bowl at the last minute.). I painted the outside and the inside different colors. It was looking a little too...solid. So, I took another color and began to paint a line around the inside edge of the bowl. As I began the second side, I noticed that the line was sloping noticeably downwards. "Oh, bother," I mumbled. "Well, I guess it's gonna be a spiral instead." I finished the spiral, sat back, and declared I was done. I'm quite proud of my bowl. It's not too plain. The colors match nicely, and I can't wait to see what it looks like after its been "fired." I get to pick it up on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I'm looking forward to the picture.

Anonymous said...

Very sad story. The charger for my camera battery seems not to be working and the battery died, so I don't have a digital photo of that night. However, I do still have my 35 mm camera. It will be a while 'til I get them developed though.