College has opened a whole new world for me. SPORTS! Before last year I had never been to a school football game, baseball game, basketball game, soccer game, anything thing game. My dad used to watch game son the t.v. and I'd just roll my eyes and return to my book. There's something unexciting - to my mind - about a sports game on a small, square screen. Even if it's a big, rectangle screen, it's still boring to me.
My roommate last year was a soccer player, so I went to her games and found that I love watching soccer games - as long as my face, hands, feet, and bottom aren't freezing off. It's amazing some of the tricks that soccer players can perform with a semi-hard black and white checkered ball. However, soccer season is over now.
But with the end of soccer season came basketball season. All year I've been wanting to go to one of our home games, but because of prior engagements or lack of courage because no one I knew well was going and I didn't want to go by myself (sorry for the run-on) I didn't go. Then last night a couple of my close friends said they were going and I jumped at the chance. It was so much fun! The theme for the night was white-out, so the stands were full of white shirts. I saw people I recognized. The guys on the court were from MY school and I have class with some of them. Why has basketball been absent from my life for so long? It was great fun and I plan on going more often.
*Daddy, are you happy? I finally went to a basket ball game!
2 comments:
Howdy....Lisenstien...guess who? I am not going to say who this is because your Mom just informed me the whole world can read this. I enjoyed your writing. Where did you learn to do that....did you develop your writing skills while you were suppose to be sweeping the barn? I knew i should have kept a closer eye on you. Your Mom has also just informed me that people usually just write a quick comment, not a paragraph. But I, as you know, am blog illiterate. :)
I used to be a devoted basketball fan. There is something way cooler about live than the little blue box. Thanks for hanging out with the boys last night. They had a great time!
Post a Comment