Wednesday, July 7, 2010




Katie is safely delivered to Black Lake and it sounds like she is having a lot of fun.
I have been very busy. Saturday Heather, David, and I went to the St. Paul rodeo. It was so much fun! The decision was made: it's a tradition.
There was a carnival and a barbecue before-hand. We skipped the carnival and enjoyed the barbecue while we watched the rodeo. The team ropers and the steer wrestlers didn't do so great, but there were some good bronc riders and bull riders; and one adorable junior bull rider who couldn't quite get his horse to go forward for his victory lap after he won the junior bull ride. It was a late rodeo, so there were fireworks when it was over, which was pretty cool.
Sunday I experienced a 4th of July party (unknown until this year because I've always been at camp and my Independence Day celebration consisted of a parade through camp). Paul and Andrea had a party at their house. There was a barbecue and games and then fireworks at Riverfront Park (apparently this is what most Americans do on the Fourth of July).
I began my first week working for Heather to pay for my horse. It is rather fun and I am enjoying feeding and cleaning stalls. I used to hate feeding. I remember all the adults I worked with looking at me strangely and speaking about how they loved to hear the horses munching on their hay. Now I can say that it is one of the most peaceful noises and I love feeding.
I have also been working with the horses who will be my partners in ministry. I've been making lists of things needed before day #1, planning the first day rather than the big picture, and getting advice from those wiser in the ways of horse programs than myself. So exciting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you got to experience a true AMerican 4th of July. I am sure it was quite different. ALso, I am glad things are getting situated for the horse program. Hope it all goes well.

Peggy said...

It is so neat to know that you are right where you belong; listening to horses munch hay!!
Still prayin' for ya.

Rv Shultz said...

Praying over here in Louisiana too. I am so excited for you. Loving just how intimately God shows us his love for each of us. Say Hi to Gus, Navarre & Ribbon for me while you're feeding them. =) & Caleb, Java, & Topaz at the other spot. ;)