Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Old Haunts

Last night was my night off and I sped down the mountain (driving safely, of course) to make a 4:15 chiropractor appointment. After my appointment, I felt the need to visit all of my old haunts since I won't ever see them again. However, I did not take into account the late hour. My first stop was Safari Coffee on El Norte. As the barista was making my coffee, I realized that she had put four shots of espresso into the cup. Oh well, I'll need it. I thought to myself (12:30 came and went before I even began to feel tired).
My next destination was a nail place where I was amused to find the lit up sign "Facial Waxing" flashing before me. I cringed as I recalled my reflection in the mirror that morning and the unibrow that was making itself known.
The library in Escondido is not the most reputable place, but I have spent many hours there, so I made my way there, eager to get lost in the memories and books. The doors were just closed and locked. A little depressed, I went to the Christian book store where Katie and I went every week after I first got my driver's license. I had every intention NOT to buy something, but walked out of the store with two books.
Panera Bread served me dinner. By then it was 9:00 and I had to head back up the hill.
It's strange to think that I will never see these places again.

1 comment:

Mrs. Brown said...

That makes me sad too! I hope that you do see those places again or at least come back to California sometime!