Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ice Cream, Poweraide, and 5 Gallons of Water

In the midst of heartache there is joy. God does not leave us out to dry by our own devices. This summer has been rough, but there have been instances in which I have never felt so joyful and carefree. One of these instances has occurred each week. At some point in the week the other two wranglers have found it necessary to attack me with some harmless substance. Cake and ice cream - with all the fixin's - have been smothered in my face; potatoes, sour cream, cheese, turkey, bacon, and marshmallows have been chucked at me with all of the force in the arm of a 19 year old wrangler; and two liters of poweraide have dowsed me.
Tonight, as I was educating 18 twelve year old girls about the barn rules - five gallons of water was dropped over my head. The water was taken from the horses' water trough.
Any ideas for a pay back prank?

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Marker on the face while sleeping.

Freeze her underwear in a five gallon bucket.

Fill a large mailing envelope with shaving cream, slip the open end under her door and jump on it, spraying the entire room.

Dress a nearby tree with a hand tied sock garland (her socks of course).

There are many others, but some take so much time and others are destructive. I once came walking up to the dorm to find all my possessions perfectly set up on the side walk, from my mattress and bedding, to my drawers. In return, my friend got her sock and underwear wrapped in a paper mache ball that took 3 hours to dry with a blow dryer. When did I have so much time? I miss it now.