
Heather left this afternoon. We arrived in Portland about an hour earlier than we needed to for her to make her flight, so we decided to visit IKEA. After all, I do have an apartment for which decorating ideas are needed. It was an enlightening trip and many ideas were planted. My roommate was not present, however, and I figured that I should wait for her before I bought all of the furnishings and decorations for our apartment.
Heather and I were in the store a little too long and began to fret when, as we followed the exit signs, we found that we didn't seem to be getting any further to the exit, but rather, were going deeper and deeper into the abyss which is IKEA. At last, we could see the door...and found ourselves in the warehouse. We turned the corner and saw the check out lanes. We had to be close. The light at the end of the tunnel appeared and we dashed toward it. The automatic doors opened wide for us as we stepped out into...a line of shopping carts. We waited until the carts passed and then we laughingly left the store, relieved that we had made it out alive. We then decided that such a trip would not be made again unless there was plenty of time for the likely event of being unable to escape the store.
2 comments:
Hello:-) I found you through Alysun's blog. A friend's daughter named Hannah is started at your college in the fall. Could I pass along any contact info, just in case she's interested in meeting you? She's an awesome gal, although I know she's younger than you a little. Just let me know: hillaryayoung at gmail dot com
Good luck to you in the next school year:-)
Would have loved being a fly on the wall watching you two. You should go to IKEA with your Dad. It is amazing how fast he can find the short cuts to the check out.
Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment