Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday, TUESDAY, Wednesday

The list of things I needed to do before Wednesday at 3 p.m. was daunting. The list of homework that needed to be done before I left only added to the stress that I felt. After a birthday dinner for one of my friends at the Olive Garden I abandoned my heels for my pink, fuzzy slippers and made a frantic stop at each door in my hall, still wearing the black satin dress with white polka dots and red ribbon trim. "Would you be able to give me a ride to the airport tomorrow at 3?" It seems that every girl on my hall who owns a car also has a class at 3. I even ran upstairs to where one of the girls was watching a movie in the movie room. I was just coming back to my room when I realized that I had asked five girls if they could give me a ride to the airport on Tuesday afternoon. However, my flight doesn't leave until Wednesday evening. I asked three of the girls again, correcting my error, but unfortunately, I still didn't find a ride from my hall. However, the situation is under control and I will be on my flight at 6:10 Wednesday night. Can you imagine the embarassment I would've felt if my ride had shown up at my door this afternoon at 3:00 only to find that I wasn't ready and that I was at the ranch and that my flight doesn't leave for an entire 24 hours later than she thought? Oh dear. I'm very glad I was able to remember my days of the week not too long after I made the mistake.

No comments: