Monday, November 24, 2008

Healing? That's Debatable

I stared in horror at the mirror. What was that terrible deformity? Shopping at Kohl's, though it had often brought feelings of disappointment, had never made me horrified by my reflection.
The soreness from my recent tumble from Brandy had abated for the most part. Now the severest of the injuries were making themselves known without a doubt. I called my dad in a panic on Tuesday after I discovered that the bruise on my hip was turning yellow and there was an unusual bump on my lower spine. "Oh, no! Yellow?" my dad mocked. Then he patiently informed me that yellow meant healing (the title of this post is going to be "From Black to Blue to Yellow"), and that the bump probably just meant that I had chipped my tailbone and I needed to sit on a doughnut (nice try Daddy). Because I get dressed in the dark every morning, I had only discovered the bump by feel and the yellow bruise that evening when I took a shower. I had not, however, seen the swollenness of my hip, so the reflection in the Kohl's fitting room mirror shocked me a bit. Then made me laugh. The dress I was trying on was made to fit a lady's figure without being too clingy and sticking to all her fat; it was made to make her look nice and trim. The dress succeeded on one side and I quite liked the way it fit. Then I my eyes fell on the bulge on the right side. "My hour glass has gone lopsided," I said to myself. I had hoped to wear the dress to Thanksgiving, but it just didn't look right.
Disappointed, I left the $18 dress and purchased two shirts for $9. At least my pocket-book is happy!

1 comment:

Andee said...

The right shirt can do wonders distracting from lopsided hourglasses. :) Thanks for coming over yesterday. So glad to have been responsible for solving all your problems. There's one that doesn't happen every day!