Monday, May 11, 2009

You Want To Do What?

Perhaps someday I will understand. Perhaps when I have my own garage I will desire to do what my mom did. Perhaps...
When I asked my mom what she wanted to do for Mother's Day she said, "Stay home with my family. Maybe have a barbecue." Okay. That sounded perfectly reasonable to me. A couple of days later, however, she jokingly suggested cleaning out the garage for Mother's Day...

...at least I thought she was joking.

Oh no. She was quite serious. It was her day, so the whole family went out into the overwhelming plethera of stuff and began to pick it up. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (cleaning is not my idea of fun and relaxation) and was actually kind of fun with our whole family out there.





Apparently I didn't get the "white shirt" memo.



We did have a little barbecue and even a strawberry pie afterwards.

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

When you are all together, the work is more fun and it goes faster! This looks like the perfect Mother's Day to me! You are fantastic daughters.