"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope." -Psalm 130:5
Sunday, October 26, 2008
The "Rideable" Brandy
Throughout my busy weekend I've been trying to come up with a creative and yet brief way to convey to you all the excitement that I felt on Thursday when Brandy let me get on her. However, nothing came to mind, so I decided that I would just say it. I was able to get on Brandy a couple of times last year. Mostly it was in the "dead man position" and would've been cause for a terrible headache if she had decided that she would bolt because I probably would've slid off one side and landed on my head. Fortunately, she didn't bolt while I was on her last year. But because of the late time in the school year and other factors, I wasn't able to continue getting on Brandy and enforcing that little bit of training. Thursday my friend and I were out at the barn and while my friend held Brandy I was able to discreetly slide a mounting block up beside Brandy and lay across her a few times and then very carefully I slid onto her back and sat on her. My friend led Brandy forward a couple of steps, during which I felt a little too much spring in her back legs. I waited until Brandy was stopped and then I hopped off. Brandy licked and nuzzled and dropped her head and then gobbled down the apple that I gave to her. It's only October! I'm so happy. I have a whole semester and a half to work with Brandy and hopefully at the end of that time she will be rideable under saddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ongratulations Lisa. Keep up the good work and Please! Please! Please! Don't get hurt.
Mom
Post a Comment