Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Apple Butter and Cheese Festival


 






I went on a Starbucks run for my parents a couple of weeks ago and as I was driving, there came an enthusiastic voice over the radio, advertising the annual, last Saturday in September, Wellesley Apple Butter and Chesse Festival.
 
Apple Butter and Cheese! That sounds delicious, I must go.
 
So I did.
 
I have to admit that it wasn't nearly as fun as I had hoped that it would be. But it was fun. For starters, there was a line dancing troupe that performed for an hour or so. After that was a lady who did river-dance. It looked like lots of fun.


Line Dancers
 
 
 

There was also a small band that played bluegrass music on the front porch of someone's house.



 
 
 
I just thought this was a lovely house with beautiful fall leaves right outside.


 

There was a parade of classic cars. There were miles and miles of cars, but I only took a few pictures. It was a pretty cool parade.





 
This little John Deere was making ice cream.


I had a sausage in a bun with sauerkraut and mustard, and a cup of apple cider for lunch. Then I bought the jar of apple butter to take home. 
I'm sorry to say that I didn't find the cheese. I heard later that there was a building with a bunch of booths in it with cheese for sale, but I didn't find the building.  
We are all enjoying the apple butter, though.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

You never know what will happen when you make a Starbucks run. You were brave to tackle this adventure by yourself, but we are sure loving the applebutter!!!

Jenny ;) said...

I'm very sad that you didn't get to eat the cheese...but the rest of it looked fun! We have fun stuff in Texas too...you should come see me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Glad to hear you are having some fun over there. I was wondering how you were and how the trip over was. It's a big change from the West Coast. It looks beautiful, wishing you the best, and enjoying your and your mom's blog.
Kris Miller
Salem, OR

Aly sun said...

Your poor parents missing their coffee. That's funny. Glad you seized the day and went on an adventure. Looks like fun. :) I would have too for applebutter and cheese.