Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmastime is here! Heather and I lost no time getting our tree set up. We spent yesterday making our apartment ready for the holiday season.

Our decorated tree
Nativity scene from Rothenburg, Germany

It all began with a trip to a Christmas tree farm. Friends of mine have farm in/around Sublimity. They are selling their trees for $12. They were open yesterday, and will be open today from 1-4 and then next weekend as well (if any of you Oregon readers are still looking for a tree).

Megan and Meredith came along too. Meredith has never cut down her own tree before, so it was quite the entertaining adventure for all of us.
Heather and I found a tree almost immediately.




Once we had our tree Christena gave us some hot apple cider and we chatted for awhile. It was such a fun trip and will be an annual tradition, I'm sure.
The night didn't end there. Heather made mexican lasagna and we watched two Christmas movies over dinner and decorating.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Oh man, that sounds like so much fun!