Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I arrived back in Salem after a refreshingly short flight of an hour and a half (I had been in Grass Valley for my cousin's wedding - pictures coming - which accounts for the short flight). Heather was there to pick me up and after taking a round-a-bout way and a ferry across the river, we made it to McMinnville for a late Sunday dinner at Grandma Bonnie's. It was so good to see everyone. The kids have grown so much! Remington got stuck in my arms for a little while. Uncle Mike took me home so that I was able to get my truck. It feels good to drive it again.
One of the things that I got really excited about as my return to Oregon grew closer was Dutch Brothers. So, I had to get myself some yesterday.

Heather did a lovely job decorating our living room and the organizing the kitchen. We live at the same place as the fall but in a different apartment. It is slightly bigger and everything is flipped which - I think - adds to the size.
Our welcome sign is from Fohr, Germany.
This is my contribution - well, I picked it out and my mom bought it. Thanks Mama!
Our living room.
We've lit the oil lamp every night since I got back. It actually adds an impressive amount of heat to the room which we are thankful for since it is still a little chilly and we don't want to turn the heater on.



2 comments:

Andee said...

Cute place! We're glad you're back too!

Aly sun said...

Glad to have you back! Good to see you too and I can't wait to see your pictures from the wedding.