We sat on our beds, diligently reading our next text book - to be completed by Monday. "I want some Starbucks," Heather said.
"We could go to Munich," I suggested, only partially joking (the Munich train station has a Starbucks).
"We could."
We sat. "We could," Heather said again.
"Let's go," I said.
Heather looked up the train schedule online. We had enough time to get dressed, eat lunch, invite Jeff, stop at the bank, buy our ticket, and step onto the train moments before it pulled out of the train station.
The number one priority was to read on the train. Much was accomplished. All three of us had to read the same book in the same amount of time, so there was little distraction from each other (until the ride back when we were all tired of reading). The number two priority was Starbucks and, by the time we got to Munich, food. Once that was accomplished, we stepped out of the train station, walked a couple blocks, Jeff bought a pair of gloves, and then we got back on the train for Regensburg so that we could get back by dinner time.
It was a fun, spontaneous day. The sun was shining on the fresh foot or two of snow as we sped by, making the scenery outside rather distracting.
Tomorrow Heather and I are heading to Oberammergau to do some more reading, go for a hike, and pretend that we're going to see the Passion Play.
3 comments:
That's my girl!
that is so fun!!! what is life without a little spontenaity(don't know how to spell that word)
That is the coolest thing I've heard all day.
Post a Comment