Day #19
I don't remember the last time that I cooked anything with my sister. Katie and I used to fight over who could put the ingredients in the mixing bowl. It always had to be even. Why we thought that making chocolate chip cookies together would be a good idea I'm not sure, but we pursued the idea and the result was more fun than expected and a batch of delicious desserts (if I do say so myself). There was a bit of trouble with the flour that took about five minutes to figure out and by the time she had figured it out, I had already combined the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Except for the chocolate chips. Katie was adamant that she put in the chocolate chips. Happily, there was more laughing and having fun than arguing this time and the result was delicious!
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that someday my girls will stop fighting when we bake. Today we made crackers. I am looking forward to when I don't feel fear when I know my children are unattended in the kitchen.
I used to love putting in the chocolate chips, still do. Now Sarah doesn't even have a chance to put them in....
today I baked coffee cake and something was missing... my sister putting most of the ingredients in :( so lets just say hopefully it tastes good cause I had some trouble mixing up ingredients and putting a little too much sugar in... mixing up brown sugar and white sugar.... yeah... you were not here to make sure my head was on straight before cooking... wait is my head ever on straight :p luv you sis and have an awesome day!!
<3 Katie
Post a Comment