Dear "Anonymous" (and anyone else who is interested),
This is in response to a couple of comments on my last post. I have, in fact, found a Starbucks and a cream-filled pastry and I didn't even have to learn the German phrase for them. I'm not one who generally likes Starbucks, coming from Oregon where there are so many other, better options. However, it was the first place I found which served soy milk in their espresso drinks (until today). It was in the Munich train station.
The cream-filled pastry was called a "wind-bag" and was as big as my head with whipped cream spilling out and chocolate drizzled over the top. Don't worry, I shared it with my roommate. We were fed this at the pilgrim church on the hill above Amberg on Sunday. I felt a little ill afterwards.
It is strange, desserts don't taste the least bit sweet here, yet they are still amazing. It's remarkable!
Until next time,
Lisa
P.S. Thank you for complimenting my photos.
2 comments:
WOW! I hope that Anonymous appreciates a post all to herself. We all appreciate your description of those yummy sounding desserts as well.
Anonymous is honored. I am glad to read you are absorbing all the great things of Germany...... literally. Maybe later you can start a tour company that offers a dessert tour of German. I think it would be a big hit.
P.S. To poster "Peggy" You can't know who I am because I am anonymous ...... I am not who you think I am .... I don't think....
Post a Comment