Wednesday, December 9, 2009

22 Degrees and Dropping

I don't know that I've ever been so cold in my life! I walk outside and instantly every inch of exposed skin is numb. I didn't realize just how cold it was until I realized that the strange noise I heard on my way to school was the ice in the water bottle I had left in my truck: solid as a rock. I also discovered a new experience: I was cleaning my horse's stall on Monday and, as I deftly tossed the first fork-full of manure into the wheel-barrow I heard another strange noise. It was the noise of solid hitting solid. Granted, poo is considered solid waste, but usually it's a bit mushy and lands in the wheel-barrow as more of a thud than a clump-bump-bump hard-as-a-rock sound. What on earth was that? I wondered. Then I realized that it was so cold that Ribbon's poo had frozen solid. I have never known such a thing before.

5 comments:

Mrs. Brown said...

Have fun in Canada...hahah

Aly sun said...

I think frozen poo would be better than mushy. Yep. Canada should be fun!

Peggy said...

I agree with Alyson about the frozen stuff. Makes cleaning so much easier. Canada (and your family) is waiting for you. We got our first official snow yesterday!

Anonymous said...

ahhh the poo froze at the barn sis, oh wait you just probably don't remember cause you haven't been there in a while during winter time :) But yeah you should have a blast in Canada :p it is quite cold.... I thought I might have frostbite today while waiting for the bus :) love you!!
Kaite

Andee said...

You poor thing! You aren't used to this cold at all. Wait. neither am I. What do you say we head back to Mexico.