Tiny tots, with their eyes all aglow, will find it hard to sleep tonight.
Growing up, this was me. I have the hardest time sleeping whenever there is anything exciting to be expected the next day. Christmas Eve is definitely an expectant night. The next morning, all those packages concealed with colorful paper and ribbons will be unmasked to reveal what they hold. I had thought that I had outgrown the "Tiny tots finding it hard to sleep on Christmas Eve." I woke up twice Christmas morning before I thought it a reasonable time to wake my sister. Growing up, we had to stay in our own rooms until 7:00. I allowed until 8:30 before I crept down to Katie's room and very cheerily said, "Merry Christmas!"
A fire was burning in the parlor fire place, the "Baby Jesus" was in the manger under the tree, and the stockings were laid out on the floor, stuffed with goodies! The packages began to reveal their treasures.
Christmas dinner was beef wellington. I believe that this has become a Christmas Day tradition considering that this is the third consecutive year that we have partaken of the delicacy; and that is fine by me!
*Pictures will follow
No comments:
Post a Comment