Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunday was one of those put-the-top-down-turn-up-the-music-and-drive kind of days. My truck has not turned into a convertible, so the top stayed up, but I did have some excellent driving music. My sister was in charge of providing suitable listening material for our cross-country road-trip last summer, so I was well supplied in that department. I grabbed my sun-glasses and jumped into my truck and went for a drive.


My first destination was Erin, ON. Erin is home to a favorite Morrish coffee shop, but it is on the very edge of town and I had never seen the rest of the town. The blue banner says: "Erin: Experience the Charm." And it was, indeed quite charming.


All of the storefronts were old (I think the buildings were just old, but the charming part was the old facades and doors).




"The Porcupine's Quill" book publishers.
 There was a tea house in town and, since it has been quite  long time since I have been to a tea house, and I was beginning to get a little hungry, I decided to have some tea and crumpets. The tea was delicious. I've never had crumpets before, but I'm not sure I like them very much.


10 days 'til spring! (minus 6)

 On the way back to my truck I passed this lovely little chocolate shop and tasted their dark chocolate truffle with a mint-white chocolate ganache inside. Very delicious.




I drove a little further to tour a couple more little towns, but I had left too late on a Sunday and every thing was already closed! Very sad. But I did get a couple pictures of their prettiest brick buildings. Above is the opera house - I don't recall what is playing. And below is the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay. You updated. Very lovely. Erin looks like a good place to get chocolate.