
![]() |
| (The above photos are all from The Captive Reader) |
It inspired me to dig through my pictures and find my own library picture. I have one.
Overlooking a river...
...filled with old books in a strange language.
The only gap in the books are the windows that let the light stream in. Vaulted ceiling and tiled floors. And thousands of books. This library belongs to Melk Abbey in Austria.
When I see this picture I imagine all of the explorers, setting off to see what the world holds, and that all of those books contain descriptions of their discoveries. Can you imagine all of the adventures between the covers of those books? Stories of a world being explored.
(Of course, I have no idea what those books really say. )
Do you have a dream library/office/project area?








2 comments:
being a former librarian, your post made my heart skip a beat at the beauty of those reading havens and the excitement of all those distant worlds between the pages........ reminds me of the time my bookmobile broke down on the lonely prairie, and I was stranded for 3 days with 3,000 books to keep me company, I settled down in the passenger seat and as the wind howled outside, I opened my first book and travel to the deserts of the ancient pharos....... I was sad to see the tow truck showed up to tow me home.
Such pretty pictures! My friend Ashlee posted a blog today that you might like.
http://wheremyheartresides.com/2012/07/25/a-tiny-bookworm/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WhereMyHeartResides+%28Where+My+Heart+Resides%29
Post a Comment