Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Oak Springs Insurance, How Can I Help You?"

I sat on the couch Friday morning, scanning craigslist.com for any job openings that seemed appealing. I sighed and said aloud, "God, I need a job." My phone rang. "Hello?" The manager of Gov Cup wanted an interview. I was so excited. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job. As I was driving along the other day, wrestling with the red flag in my mind about the job and the need for a job, a thought suddenly popped into my head, causing me to nearly panic. It was the picture I had seen in some children's Bible, or on a children's movie of the Israelites demanding that God give them a king so they could be like everyone else. The situation didn't quite turn out the way that they had wanted. "God, I don't want the job unless it's where You want me to be. I won't tell You what to do anymore!" I prayed, fearful that I had made a big mistake and the consequences would be disastrous.
Well, I don't know if the thought was a warning from God or just my own musings, but it did the trick. And in His wisdom and faithfulness, He has provided a job at an insurance group. The situation is remarkably better. I will be working for a Christian. I will be able to work after class and get done with time to feed the horses. And, as my boss is on the board for the horse program, she will work around that once it gets going. Only God could have orchestrated this job. The connections are too crazy to be anything else. It's really an amazing story.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

We do have an amazing God who delights in taking care of us in very unexpected ways!
So happy for you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Lisa, our ways are not always Gods ways, and He will open up the doors that are right and best for us.
Grandma

Andee said...

Yay! I'm glad for you finding an awesome job. So good to know God is always working.

Aly sun said...

I'm so happy for you! Very cool that God chose to strengthen you faith like this. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.