I have a bed. I have, in all honesty, had a bed for a few weeks now. I just haven't put it together until this morning. But I didn't mind because I had a very comfortable mattress to sleep on. The bed frame - in my mind - is just to look nice and is not necessary for a delightful night's sleep.
(Does it look like a crib in this picture to anyone else?)
The bed was a gift from Grandma Bonnie. I never thought I'd say this about furniture, but it was a wonderful gift! I love it! Thank you, Grandma Bonnie.
Some of you may recognize it as the bed that used to stand in Grandma's office as an extra place for grandchildren to spend the night, or great-grandchildren to nap.
Until a few weeks ago I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor courtesy of Black Lake Bible Camp. They had inherited from somewhere where it was necessary to indicate which end was for the feet. It is also too long for my extra-long sheets. It was with much frustration that I would lay down exhausted at night, only to hear a phwip! as the sheet popped off one corner, and then the same phwip! from another corner when I had secured the first unruly corner. I did learn how to be, for the most part, more clever than the mattress, but every once in awhile another phwip! would come along, just to annoy me.
Don't get me wrong, I was, and am, very grateful for the mattress. It was much better than sleeping on the floor. But I still prefer the bed with a mattress that is just the right size for the sheets.
Until a few weeks ago I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor courtesy of Black Lake Bible Camp. They had inherited from somewhere where it was necessary to indicate which end was for the feet. It is also too long for my extra-long sheets. It was with much frustration that I would lay down exhausted at night, only to hear a phwip! as the sheet popped off one corner, and then the same phwip! from another corner when I had secured the first unruly corner. I did learn how to be, for the most part, more clever than the mattress, but every once in awhile another phwip! would come along, just to annoy me.
Don't get me wrong, I was, and am, very grateful for the mattress. It was much better than sleeping on the floor. But I still prefer the bed with a mattress that is just the right size for the sheets.
3 comments:
Ha ha. That picture does look like a crib... but the bars are too far apart. You could get your head stuck in between there. Be careful. :)
Glad you have a real bed now. Perfect.
You are getting funnier every day. I think you inherited that from me. ..... I know for sure that it didn't come from your father's side of the family, although don't tell him I mentioned that (not that you know who I am, because I am anonymous) because although I have told him before, I think he STILL thinks he is funny. Your writing is getting better and better. It is starting to flow more naturally. Keep up the good work.
I loved the sound effects. As in...I laughed out loud. I miss you. :)
Post a Comment