My new toy!

Since I began this blog, I have been keeping my eye out of a typewriter. It just seems like something that an aspiring author ought to have...especially if the title of her blog is The Cowgirl's Typewriter.
I have seen typewriters in antique stores before, but they have been obviously beat up and not quite worth the money. I went with my mom to a gift show and afterwards we wandered into an antique store. This portable Remington typewriter was the first thing I looked at. I love the color and, although there are scuffs and two of the rollers on the back are melted, it will make a nice ornament on my desk.
My dad did a little research and we think that it is a Remington portable #2, made 1925-1935.

4 comments:
I love it!! I think Alysun will love it too. ;)
Nice to know my nephew has more to his namesake than weaponry! congrats on a fun find! If nothing else, it makes a fantastic blog header.
The Remington company was combined with a firearms manufacturer at some point. Google Remington Peters and click on the wikapedia link. Interesting stuff. Beautiful typewriter!
I have always longed for typewriter like that! Jealous.
Post a Comment