Tuesday, March 2, 2010

German Running Spots

Hello All!
I just wanted to check in. A week of touring has just been completed and I will post pictures and stories soon. Today, however, I just wanted to brag a little to my readers who enjoy running or walking for exercise. Much of the beauty of Germany and many of the best times that Heather and I have found in Germany have been during our semi-daily run.
Here in Regensburg we've run around the cathedral and across the Danube. Dresden was the most beautiful of our runs. It took us to the river where we could see the sun begin to rise over water. For our step workout we raced up the palace steps of August I. Wittenburg gave us a charming run through a still-sleeping town, which was delightful.
These runs, as in the states, give Heather and I a time to talk and get to know each other more and more.
Okay, that's the end of my bragging session.
Where is your favorite running/walking spot?

4 comments:

Aly sun said...

Oh ya, well I saw a cow today on my walk. You are totally aloud to brag. It sounds awesome.

Lesley Miller said...

What a fun post! I've really loved reading your travel blog, but this one in particular makes me happy since I'm a runner. I actually regret not running when I traveled. What a great way to get to know a friend, and to see a part of the city that many others do not.

Anonymous said...

our favorite place to run is from the couch to the refrigerator to get a bowl of ice cream and then back to the couch where we watch great olympians push their bodies to extraordinary lengths. Sometimes we run from the car into starbucks when its raining..... but only if it is raining.

Peggy said...

Ok, so how many people can say they ran up the palace steps? I am so glad that you are "taking it all in!" Can't wait to see pictures.